My business had finally become part of his plan.
When he finished the call, I asked:
— And?
— They need to discuss it.
— And if they say no?
Ben looked at me.
Plan a Family Vacation
— Then I’ll have to decide whether this job is worth accepting without the schedule we agreed on.
A week later, they agreed to postpone the date.
Ben came home with the news.
— They agreed to wait until summer.
I nodded.
He looked at me.
— I haven’t said “yes” yet, Ben. But everything is much easier now because we’re on the same side.
Over the next three weeks, I organized two major events and prepared a plan to rebuild my business.
Then one Saturday morning, I saw Ben sitting at the table with Olive.
— I’ve made a decision.
He stood up.
— We can do this after the school year ends.
— I’ll be as ready as I can be, Ben.